* More Information
1. Width: 28 inches / 72 cm.
2. Length / Length with Fringes: 72 inches (183 cm) / 84 inches (214 cm).
3. Weight: 9 oz
4. Made in: Estado de Mexico, Mexico.
5. SKU REB2173
A Mexican Rebozo is a long flat garment used mostly by women in Mexico. It can be worn in various ways, usually folded or wrapped around the head and/or upper body to shade from the sun, provide warmth and as an accessory to an outfit. It is also used to carry babies and large bundles, especially among indigenous women.
1. Hand wash and Hang dry.
1. Woven on a colonial style Spanish loom in a tiny workshop that is family owned, still.
2. Pure cotton woven and Finished off with superiorly intricate macramé, sometimes referred to as Arco, or arc stile.
3. A little background for those un familiar and yearning for knowledge. The rebozo is one of the most representative, if not the most, of Mexican culture as it anchors origins of Mexican culture in its Indigenous and Spanish influence.
4. Now, each piece I am posting is considered unique and a work of art produced by only a hand full of family owned workshops in Mexico currently.
5. Adaptable as a baby carrier, scarf. This one's a really luxurious piece. Also serves as a table runner or at the foot of a bed with it's simple fringe hanging at the sides.